Monthly Archives: October 2013

Construction

A Dual-Mono AKAI M8 SE EL84 Amplifier, Part 1

This project really picked up steam in October 2012.

A couple years before this project came about, I built a box as the base for my second RH84 amplifier (design can be found here [opens in a new tab]) since my first build was based on the chassis of an unremarkable Claritone console amp (I assure you, no Project G stereos [opens in a new tab] were harmed in development of that project). The box was put together using red oak sourced from the clearance pile at Rona, cut on a not-quite-square compound mitre saw, and a table saw was used to rip the 6061 aluminum plate down to size. In the end the openings were not quite regular and I had to file the plates into fitment, but it turned out well.

 

Made form Red Oak

Made from red oak and 6061

 

Right, so I’ve got the box.

read more »

Restoration

The Scott 222C Restoration, Part 1

I bought it in early 2010 described as a fixer-upper, with no photos, and a low price. I was egged on by those more knowledgeable than I, and I’m not one to turn down a challenge.

 

Bought based on this image.

Bought based on this image.

 

Plus, it was my birthday.

read more »

Hello, World

The Oldies

I think I’ll start this thing off by going over old projects to share; all the things that worked out well and those that didn’t so much as touch off.

We’ll see what this becomes.

 

 

P.

Hello, World

Here we go…

Let’s see where this takes me.

 

 

P.